Thursday, July 1, 2010

Prayerful Reflection

Philippians 1:6 states that "he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus". Mary, mother of Jesus knows this full well...Luke 1 tells the story of the Angel of the Lord speaking to Mary about the birth of Jesus Christ. In this powerful retelling of that glorious day, we see that Mary has apprehensions and concerns about what God is doing in her life. Many of us feel the same way as Mary did. We are unsure what God is doing and there are so many things we want to ask him and complain to him about in our lives. But Mary shows what God's children do when we are confronted with things we don't understand...Luke 1:39-"I am the Lord's servant. May everything you have said about me come true."

Mary trusted. She trusted. And she trusted. She did not lose sight of who God was no matter how crazy he made things seem. She trusted him. She looked to him. And she obeyed. How often do we obey? How often do we trust? I know that for me, it is not often enough. I want to run my own life, I want things to go my way. I want to be heard! But God sits back and carefully watches. He knows every little detail of my life. He is in control. I have to be like Mary. I have to trust. I have to believe. The angel continues...Luke 1:45 "You are blessed because you believed that the Lord would do what he said." Do you believe? Do I believe? The answer needs to be yes....but sometimes it is a resounding NO! Lord help me to believe. Help me to do your will and to answer your call in my life!

Join me as I reflect on these things occasionally. As I use my blog for prayer and questions, please feel free to respond and pipe in whenever you have something to say!

Luke 2:19 "but Mary kept all these things in her heart and thought about them often." Won't you join with me in the call to know Gods' will for your life? For my life?

No comments:

Post a Comment