Friday, July 30, 2010

Peachy Keen....Peach Pie


This isn't my peach pie....obviously you can see the blueberries....but I just couldn't resist the picture! Too cute right!



Does anyone know how many pies I have made this summer? I am afraid the number does not fit on two hands! But it is such a joy to see Jeremy's face light up when there is a delicious pie sitting in front of him!

I wanted to try something different...so this Peach pie was just the one for me...I get to use my same amazing crust and have a different filling to enjoy!

Peach Pie


(Getting Ready to make pie...)

2 pie crusts (Strawberry pie recipe previously written)
Check out the recipe picture...


1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Cut peaches. Mix with 2 T. lemon juice.
3. Mix dry ingredients.
4. Mix dry ingredients with peach mixture. Add to the pie crust.
5. Lattice top the second crust.
6. Bake for 10 minutes at 450 degrees. Drop the temperature to 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes. 7. Let cool.


This is a before lattice crust topping picture. Still beautiful though right!

Don't forget to serve with ice cream or whip topping! And as always....pies are best when they can be enjoyed with friends.

It has been great seeing our friends Kacie and Eldon again! Dinners with them, my parents and JJ are always quite fun. Kacie loves the pie crust as much as I do...so I made her two to take back to Reno with her....I don't believe there will be any pie fillings going into them...but they will be backed and eaten! Or just eaten raw....that is how I often do it, especially when I am in the preparation process. It's a good thing I manage to work out every day...and some days more than once to offset how much pie I eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment