Sunday, July 11, 2010

Blueberry Pie...Oh My!

This weekend blueberries were on sale at the store, so I had to get some...plus Jeremy was with me, and of course, I opened my big mouth and said would you like me to make a blueberry pie?? Well you already know the answer. Funny thing....he wanted the whole pie to himself....and he didn't even get the first slice! This one is a good one...I did not have any lemons to use in the recipe I had on hand, so I quickly looked up blueberry pie recipes and found other recipes...however, I had already started to make the first recipe so I ended up creating my own blueberry pie...here is the recipe I kind of created:


Blueberry Pie

2 Pie crusts (again look at my strawberry pie)
4-5 cups of blueberries (I used 2 11 oz containers)
2/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup corn starch (I added a little extra)
Dash of salt
Lime juice
1 T. butter
extra sugar

1. Make pie crust.
2. In a bowl combine blueberries, sugar, corn starch, dash of salt, and spritz lime juice on top (close to 1/4 tsp). Stir together with and add to the pie crust. (This is not runny at all, and actually looks very dry)
3. Spritz more lime juice on top of the blueberry mixture.
4. Add the second crust as a lattice topping.
5. Melt the 1 T. butter and spread on top of the lattice crust. Then sprinkle sugar on top.
6. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. Drop the temp to 350 degrees and bake for another 40-45 minutes. Add tin foil for last 15-20 minutes to prevent overbrowning.
7. Let the pie sit for about an hour to congeal...serve with ice cream!

Pie is always best when enjoyed with friends. I hope you love this pie as much as I did! Enjoy and God Bless! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment