Monday, July 4, 2011

This one was Ok...

God's Love Letters to You

By: Dr. Larry Crabb


God’s Love Letters to You, by Dr. Larry Crabb, is a 40-Day Devotional Experience that allows the reader to have a glimpse into what our Lord may have been saying in the books of the Bible.

Each Letter begins with a verse that “sums up” the book from the Bible. Then, it transitions into a love letter from God. This love letter is to be an intimate conversation between the Lord and You, his child. Each love letter allows you to discover love the way the Lord intended it to be. Following the letter are some questions that really get you thinking. These questions are a guide that can be used in your own daily devotional experience or in a small group study. Finally, each devotional ends with a prayer that allows you to be centered and focused on the meaning behind the love letter.

Dr. Larry Crabb did an excellent job writing each of these love letters. However, I felt that they were all too short and did not give enough biblical context that I thought they would. Because of this, I did not really get into answering the questions thoughtfully and using this as a devotional for myself. I would have liked to see more insight into each love letter, which I think he may have covered more of in his 66 Love Letters Devotional rather than this one.

Disclosure: I received a review copy of God’s Love Letters to You through Book Sneeze. I received no compensation for my thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment