Thursday, July 28, 2011

My First "Law" Read-Pretty Good!

Water's Edge

Water's Edge

By: Robert Whitlow

I generally do not purchase for myself books that are written about law, even though I enjoy watching TV shows about it. However, I was interested in Water’s Edge by Robert Whitlow.

I was quickly brought into the book by the character Tom Crane who had everything going for him. Whitlow did a great job making this character’s life seem perfect in every way only to have it quickly torn apart in more ways than one. The book slowed down for a bit after the initial set up was given and once Tom Crane got to his hometown city of Bethel. It was difficult for me to get excited about the book. It seemed to go without any sort of climax. However, the last 100 pages I was very interested in as the book certainly did reach a climax and gave you a definite turn of events. Some of the events in the book were slightly predictable, however, all in all, it was a good read.

I would be interested to read more books by Robert Whitlow. He did a great job creating his characters and the setting. He made the story understandable for those of us who do not have a background in law. I look forward to reading more books by this author.

I received a copy of Water’s Edge from Booksneeze. I did not receive any compensation for my thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment