Tuesday, July 31, 2012

House of Mercy

House of Mercy
By: Erin Healy

This book, House of Mercy by Erin Healy, had a lot of potential when I read the synopsis, however, it took me a long time to get into. I read this on my Kindle, and I kept thinking to myself, I'm only at 40%? And the thought continued throughout. However, once I got to about 70% (again, reading on my Kindle), I was intrigued and interested in the outcome.

As I mentioned, the book had a slow start. It seemed that everything, and I mean EVERYTHING was going wrong for Beth and her family. Beth is an aspiring vet, at least this is what she wants to go to school for in order to work on a farm helping animals. She seeks to help someone out and ends up "stealing a horse" according to the horse owners, and inevitably injuring the horse and her family in the outcome. Her family is injured because they are being sued for practically eveything, but all they really have is the farm. As I was reading the opening chapters, I just kept thinking, "Wow, this book is kind of depressing". In another small town near Beth's families farm, is her grandfather whom she doesn't know because her mother and him are estranged. The characters that develop in this story are really hard to "love". I feel if I don't love the characters, it is more difficult to get into a book.

The book was not all bad though. The message behind the book was great! The message that I received is that God does not always answer our prayers the way we want him to. However, he is alwasy PRESENT and he is always showing us Mercy.

Thank you Booksneeze for the opportunity to read this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment