Thursday, April 26, 2012

Forgiveness


The Truth About Forgiveness
By: John MacArthur

John MacArthur’s Truth About Forgiveness lays out the fundamental importance of God’s forgiveness for the believer and the non-believer. MacArthur addresses several important issues in his seven simple chapters. What I found to be most fundamental and important was the emphasis MacArthur placed on the story of the Prodigal Son. MacArthur went into much detail how God’s forgiveness is undeserved and how God truly wants to forgive, just like in the story of the Prodigal Son.  MacArthur writes about God’s forgiveness simply yet exactly.
The other chapter I found crucial was the last chapter that addressed the need to forgive others. I have struggled with this in my closest relationships, the need to forgive as Jesus has forgiven. I know that the Lord will give me the strength I need to forgive and to be forgiven by Him.
I have enjoyed reading The Truth About Forgiveness and The Truth About Grace by John MacArthur. His way of writing is quick and easy to read and understandable.
Thank you Booksneeze for the opportunity to read this book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment