Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Need You Now, Part Two

Need You Now, Part Two

By: Beth Wiseman

Was this book written for me? That is the question I had to keep asking myself as I read Beth Wiseman’s Need You Now, Part Two. I had already completed Part One and was thrilled to receive Part Two in order to finish the journey that I had begun with Darlene and her family.

We left off in Part One with Grace, one of Darlene’s children, cutting herself in order to “relieve” her of her pain. Her brother Chad found her and told her he would keep her secret. However, as Part Two begins, Darlene and her husband Brad, find Grace covered in blood in her bedroom and their whole world begins to fall apart. The story continues with the implications of trying to get her daughter help and save her marriage in the process. I am not a mother, Lord willing it will happen soon, but I know first hand that the last thing you want is for your child to be hurting. And I have heard that many marriages suffer when there are disagreements based on how to raise children. We see this and many other real life situations in this second part of Need You Now.

Again, I do not want to give anything away, but I could see myself walking in Darlene’s shoes every once in awhile. Darlene has questions she wants to ask, questions asked to her, death to overcome, issues with her marriage, and more, so much more. The underlying premise in this story, is that God is whom we need to lean on and rest upon. It is God who will deliver us from any and every situation. And it is Him we MUST run to rather than from when our world begins to shake and rock. This is a powerful message to recognize and put to practice every day of our lives. It is vital that I remember this when difficulties surface in my own life.

Thank you to Booksneeze for the opportunity to read both parts of this novel.

1 comment:

  1. I loved this book as well. As a mom of teens myself, I found it to be a very realistic portrayal of the struggles of marriage and raising a family. Despite all the difficulties they face, the book overall is very hopeful, and I think most readers will be able to relate to the problems. It would also be a helpful book for someone who wants to understand what goes on in the mind of a teen who seems “perfect” on the outside but is dealing with life’s pressure in a very unhealthy way. Great book!

    ReplyDelete