Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Wildflowers from Winter

Wildflowers from Winter
Wildflowers from Winter
By: Katie Ganshert

Wildflowers from Winter by Katie Ganshert was a very enjoyable book to read! I love reading stories where there are characters that have a firm faith in the Lord and by their actions they lead others to the Lord. This is such a great model for me and something I need to strive to work harder at, especially when I am very shy about sharing my faith.

Anyway, the book begins with Bethany, an architect, who lives in Chicago. She has a great job which she loves. She moved away from Peaks, Minnesota to get away from the life that she lived there. When she did this, she left her mother, grandfather, and a best friend behind. When her best friend’s husband gets sent to the hospital, she decides to go back, even though she hasn’t spoken to Robin in about 10 years. She goes and stays with her grandfather on the farm and meets his hired hand, Evan. She has nothing in common with Evan, but as all fiction stories seem to go, you know they are going to find their way to each other.

Through a series of events, she loses her job in Chicago, and moves back to Peaks for a short time. She has no desire to stay in Peaks for long, but the Lord had other plans in mind. Doesn’t He always!?!

As I said, I really enjoyed reading this book. Katie Ganshert has also written a novel focusing on the best friend, Robin, which I am looking forward to reading when it becomes available.

Thank you to Waterbrook Multnomah for sending me an advanced reading copy of this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment