Friday, February 3, 2012

Heart of Gold


Heart of Gold
By: Robin Lee Hatcher

Heart of Gold by Robin Lee Hatcher was a good read. However, I had a difficult time with some parts of it concerning death. It always seems to happen that when some tragedy happens in my life, the book I am reading either closely resembles it or gives me some insight into the Lord’s will. This book did a little of both. I was quite pleased with the scripture passages that were present throughout the book. Passages that remind us of God’s faithfulness.

Shannon Adair and her father move from Virginia to Idaho so that her father can pastor a church. Shannon grew up in the south and therefore loves the south, however, the war is in full swing, so it is quite remarkable they get out when they did. Matthew Dubois is a Wells Fargo Driver and has a sister and nephew who are coming to live with him in Idaho for awhile. His sister, Alice, is suffering and is close to death. When they arrive in Idaho, Shannon, who is a trained nurse, cares for Alice and she and Matthew become close.

In this story, there is not much of a climax, however, the plot and the characters are well developed. I enjoyed reading it and look forward to more…as always!

I received a copy of this book from Booksneeze for my honest opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment