Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Love and Respect--Much Needed!

The Love and Respect Experience: A Husband-Friendly Devotional That Wives Truly Love
Love and Respect Experience
By Dr. Emerson Eggerichs

I have been looking for ways to find hope in different areas of my life recently. Nothing that I share to discuss as it could fill an entire page. Needless to say, I have been drawn to devotionals that show me just how much God loves ME. In The Love and Respect Experience: A Husband-Friendly Devotional that Wives Love, by Dr. Emerson Eggerichs, I found that God loves me in the most profound ways, and I felt love that I needed. I also saw a lot of things that I need to work on as a woman, a person, and a wife.

Eggerichs uses very brief passages and stories to share his message. It is a 52 chapter devotional intended to be read by both husbands and wives. It is intended to be thought about and talked about as a couple when the time permits. My husband is not into devotionals, at least as far as I can tell he is not. So I have spent the time reading this and marking it up with things that I found very eye-catching and opening. I intend to share these “chapters and highlights” with my husband when he is willing and has time. I think that if I can share short pieces with him he will be more in tune to read more of it.

I believe husbands and wives will benefit from this as there is also a section for discussion questions and other appendices that focus on the insights that Eggerichs shares.

This is a must read for all couples, husbands alone, or wives alone.

Thank you Booksneeze for the opportunity to review this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment