Monday, January 16, 2012

Interesting to say the least...


Beyond Molasses Creek

Beyond Molasses Creek

By: Nicole Seitz


Beyond Molasses Creek by Nicole Seitz was interesting to say the least. One look at the cover made me think this book was going to be about a younger woman, however, once I started, almost the entire book was about a woman who was 60 years old. This was not a typical book for me to read. There were several times when Ally flashes back to her childhood to give background to the story. These were interesting, but did not always seem to fit the story. There was also a random connection to a woman in Nepal who was running away from her life there carrying a “Book of the Gods” as she called it. The chapters that were written of her in Nepal seemed completely random until I got about half way, and then it all started to come together.

I do recommend this book with the following message: It is difficult to get into, however, once you begin to put the pieces together you will be encouraged to finish it and will in fact enjoy it. Just know that I wanted to stop reading several times until I reached that halfway point and things began to make sense.

I received a copy of this book from Booksneeze which no way influenced my thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment