Thursday, September 2, 2010

It has been awhile

Since coming home from Michigan, I have not had the chance to post anything on my blog. Here is what I have been up to in a nutshell:

Intense studying for my Personal Training Test
Hanging out with Friends and Family with awesome game nights
Started school (boy was that a mistake!)
Teaching classes at the gym....I get my own Kickboxing class starting on September 20!
Loving my husband

I also had the chance to read this cute story which I got from Booksneeze! What an awesome way to add to my library...for FREE! Here is my review:


The Boy Who Changed the World by Andy Andrews is a sweet story that encourages kids young and old that everything they do can make a difference. We are each a child of God and we have each been given special talents, which can influence our lives in many incredible and unimaginable ways. The Boy Who Changed the World shows how the butterfly effect works by creating a story that shows four lives of four boys who inevitably changed the world by their desires.

The pictures in this story are beautifully illustrated. The writing in simple enough for students and kids to understand in a classroom or at home. The author has also bolded and enlarged certain sentences and phrases in the story to show that they are important. The story flows, however, one has to be careful to recall the different children mentioned. I found that if I had not been paying attention, I would have easily been lost by the author’s way of writing this story.

Andy Andrews did a good job of incorporating nonfiction elements into this fictional story about how God has a plan for all of us and desires to see us change the world. I enjoyed reading this book, and would enjoy reading it to my second grade class, utilizing the lesson plans that are provided with the story online.

Disclosure: I received a review copy of The Boy Who Changed the World through Book Sneeze. I received no compensation for my thought

No comments:

Post a Comment