Friday, June 25, 2010

Are you feeling HOT, HOT, HOT?

Last night I made some chicken enchiladas...changing just one ingredient...something that usually works well for me...this time, it did work well, but it left my mouth burning for hours! But still DELICIOUS!

As you can see in the recipe below it calls for diced green chiles, well I used diced jalepenos...haha, saved one for my friend Dan...we will see what he thinks since he loves jalepenos! It was a good change, they were still great, but I definitely think next time I will use the chiles just because I can't handle a HOT, HOT, mouth all night!

Chicken Enchiladas

1/4 c. unsalted butter
1 onion sliced and chopped
1 pound chicken chopped
1 can (4oz) diced green chiles drained (make it HOT-use jalepenos)
3 oz. cream cheese
1/2 tsp. salt

1/3 c. vegetable oil
tortillas
1 c. shredded cheese

1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 13 x 9 inch pan.
2. Melt butter in large nonstick skillet. Add onion, cook for 5 mins. Add chicken, cook another 5 mins. Turn off heat, stir in chiles (or jalepenos) cream cheese, and salt.
3. Heat oil in skillet add a tortilla and cook till tortilla becomes limp. Repeat. (I skipped this step...they still turned out great!)
4. Spoon 1/3 c. filling down the center. Roll and set in dish seam-side down. Sprinkle with cheese.
5. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 23 mins. Cool before serving.

This and my last recipe came from Family Circle Magazine....but as always I make my own fun changes! Especially when there is an ingredient I don't have on hand!

Enjoy...and remember if you like things HOT....give those jalepenos a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment