Monday, September 26, 2011

Not Recommended :(

The Canary List by Sigmund Brouwer, was not my cup of tea. I had a difficult time following the story line. Perhaps the reason for this was because this was a genre of writing unfamiliar to me. There were many characters introduced fairly quickly that I had a hard time remembering who was who. Also, based on the back cover, what was stated in regards to the book had me thinking the book would be about something else entirely. Finally, the title really isn’t understood until you reach the last 10 pages, and this was hard for me to accept as a reader.

It is my hope that you will come to your own conclusions about this story by reading it for yourself. This is not one that I would not recommend to my closest friends, nor would I read again. However, the writing is well done and the development of characters is good. I simply had a difficult time following it and getting into it, which does not interest me as a reader.

No comments:

Post a Comment