Saturday, May 7, 2011

Historically Accurate Fiction: Recommended!

Fairer Than Morning

By Rosslyn Elliot


Fairer Than Morning, by Rosslyn Elliot is a book based on a real family and their journey during the 19th century. I have always enjoyed the opportunity to read novels of Historical Fiction because I was never big on learning history. As my dad points out to me numerous times, I can learn a lot by reading a Historical novel, and I have.

Rosslyn Elliot did a wonderful job displaying character emotions and building her characters up so that you felt for them every step of the way. I found the beginning of the book to be a bit slow to get in to, however, as the book began to climax my desire to get to the end to see what would happen between Will and Ann did not allow me to stop reading! Will Hanby, an apprentice, found his life to be truly difficult due in large part to his controlling and powerful master. Ann Miller, is of higher status yet works on a farm and cares for her younger sisters. Both prove to be hard workers and very passionate when it comes to friends and family. I found this story of love very refreshing.

As this is the first book in the Saddler’s Legacy, I look forward to reading more of these tales by Rosslyn Elliot.

Disclosure: I received a review copy of Fairer Than Morning through Book Sneeze. I received no compensation for my thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment