Saturday, April 23, 2011

Mine is the Night to Read Into the Night!

I can see why many people love Mine is the Night by Liz Curtis Higgs! I did not have the opportunity to read Here Burns My Candle before reading the sequel, however, it was fairly easy to pick up on what was going on. I really enjoyed reading this story and seeing how the characters developed. As always, I enjoy a good love story and anytime there is conflict involved with finding love, it is fun to figure out how the story will play out. I can’t wait to read the first book followed by this one again, in order!

Liz Curtis Higgs has taken the Biblical story of Ruth and written Mine is the Night in 18th century Scottish text. As my father always tells me when I read a novel that has any historical fiction base to it, “It is a great way for you to learn your history!” Therefore, I truly enjoyed this story of love and hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment