Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Daily Devotions


I used A Conversation with God for Women, by Marcia Ford, as a devotional tool. Rather that reading it cover to cover, I found questions that pertained to me that day or things that were heavy on my heart. Recently, I have had many setbacks in my life and feel that I am full of worry all the time. I looked specifically for a section about worry titled; “How Can We Stop Worrying so Much?” This was a glorious section for me to read because of the many footnotes that accompanied it. I had my finger in the back of the book where the author has placed references to the Bible for each section. I constantly flipped back and forth to read what God had to say in his word. This not only was helpful for me to see how much God takes care of me and how little I need to worry, but it was a breaking point for me, helping me to realize that I needed to commit more of God’s word to memory. “All scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true” (2 Timothy 3:16).

I enjoyed having this book. While I did not read it cover to cover it was nice to see the reactions that might come from God and Jesus based on each question. While there were questions I wish the book would have contained answers to, I felt that it gave a good devotional outlook on many topics that women have concerns and struggles with.

Disclosure: I received a review copy of Conversations with God for Women through Book Sneeze. I received no compensation for my thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment