Monday, March 14, 2011

Another Read


The Bridge of Peace by Cindy Woodsmall, is an Old Order Amish story that is a continuation in a series. I did not have the opportunity to read the first book in the series, however, it was not necessary to understand the plot of this story. I always admire that in books, to be able to pick up a new title and not question things that have already occurred.


There were many characters in this story and I had to continually look to see how they were related in the back of the book, but each character was developed very well. I found that there were characters I was more excited to read about than others in the story, which I always enjoy having favorites. I enjoyed the story line also, however, it did take a bit to get into the book. The last 100 pages though were very good and kept my interest.


I enjoyed the obstacles that had to be overcome in order for the characters to develop into whom they were written to be. I can anticipate which characters are going to be emphasized in the next story, and I am looking forward to the opportunity to read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment