Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Read with Ease

Review of What the Heart Sees, A Collection of Amish Romances
In What the Heart Sees, a Collection of Amish Romances, by Kathleen Fuller, simple stories are brought to life and the message that God wants us to know and understand are evident in the message of each story.

Each story in this collection, A Miracle for Miriam, A Place of His Own, and What the Heart Sees are beautifully written stories that allow the reader to reflect on the simplicity of life as the Amish do. Growing up in Indiana I often came in contact with the Amish and was able to witness their basic lives, but without observing their humility and their dedication to the Lord and their work. Therefore, reading these stories, I was able to picture the characters in my mind as Kathleen Fuller did a great job bringing each of them to life.

I enjoyed reading all three stories, however, as a collection the stories began to reflect a similarity with the previous ones. While I enjoyed them, I would have enjoyed a little more complexity with each of the characters and the plots of the stories. Even so, I truly enjoyed the collection of stories and would read more books written by Kathleen Fuller if given the chance.

Disclosure: I received a review copy of What the Heart Sees through Book Sneeze. I received no compensation for my thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment