Saturday, February 19, 2011

God is Love

Review of Blind Hope

Blind Hope, by Kim Meeder and Laurie Sacher, is a sweet story about a blind dog and her ability to change a woman just by being present in her life. I enjoyed reading this story as I have a very big heart for dogs in need of rescue. I have two dogs that I have adopted. My babies do not have any problems, they simply did not have a home. By letting them into my life, my life has changed because of who they are and how they love unconditionally. This is what Laurie Sacher, one of the authors found to be true with her dog Mia.

The story is written much like a memoir, which threw me off at first and actually kept me a little disinterested in the story itself. But once I started reading, I fell in love with this dog Mia and who she was. Also, interwoven in the story is the message that God is always with us, that God forgives all of our faults (just as a dog would), and God is ever loving no matter what our past might look like. It was a true reminder of God’s love and grace. And sometimes, just that message alone makes a book worth reading.

“No one ever warned me that when you rescue a dog, the life you save just might be your own!”

No comments:

Post a Comment