Sunday, January 9, 2011

Love to Read

I am so glad that my friend Amanda introduced me to Booksneeze! It is so fun waiting in anticipation for a new book! Here is my latest read:

Softly and Tenderly by Sarah Evans with Rachel Hauck is the Second Novel in the Songbird Series. I did not have the opportunity to read the first book, which usually makes me hesitant to read the second or third book in a series knowing that I have already missed so much, however, this book could be stand alone because of the way it is written. It quickly captures your attention and gives you enough detail to know what is happening.


I have only read one other Rachel Hauck book, which I truly enjoyed. When I received this book and saw the comment on the front that fans of Karen Kingsbury would love it, I was trilled to dive in. It tugged on my heart strings in so many ways, as I was able to relate to the main character, Jade. She struggled with so many things in this story, even the message that our Savior has sent. However, through encouragement, prayer, and devotion, she found her way in more ways than just one. I am hopeful to catch up on the first novel and have the opportunity to read the third, as I am encourged to see how her journey ends.

Disclosure: I received a review copy of Softly and Tenderly through Book Sneeze. I received no compensation for my thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment