Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Bittersweet Surrender




Bittersweet Surrender
By: Diann Hunt

Bittersweet Surrender by Diann Hunt was heartwarming and a little heart wrenching at times, as I could relate to some of the characters, and not in the best ways either. Carly is the owner of a chocolate spa and while you are reading this book, all you want to do is eat chocolate and go to the spa! However, while this sounds amazing, she has had some difficult circumstances in her life. She suffered from breast cancer and her husband left her while she was battling the cancer. She is overweight and has a difficult time looking at herself in the mirror because all she sees is someone not fit to be loved due to the cancer. She works with her best friend Scott who is managing her finances and taking care of her taxes. He was married to Carly’s best friend that died in an auto accident. Carly and Scott as you can imagine have a great relationship as friends and tend to miss all of the signs that the are meant to be together.
This book has interesting twists that you don’t see coming, which adds just a little added suspense to the romance side of things. As always I enjoy a good romance novel and especially when the author uses scripture and prayer to guide the characters lives, I always find that to be engaging for me. There were several references to prayer and scripture that I was able to take away and store in my mind for later, while reading this book.
Diann Hunt also included a reference to the town Smitten, from the novel that she wrote with three other authors I previously read, Smitten. She writes with such ease that you wouldn’t even know she was referencing another book if you hadn’t already read it. I enjoy reading stories from Diann Hunt, and look forward to another!
I received a copy of Bittersweet Surrender from Booksneeze, and received no compensation for my thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment