Thursday, November 3, 2011

No Wonder They Call Him the Savior!!!

No Wonder They Call Him the Savior

By: Max Lucado


Max Lucado never disappoints. In his book, No Wonder They Call Him the Savior: Experiencing the Truth of the Cross, Lucado looks at three parts of the Cross. Part 1 of the Cross is about It’s words, Part 2 of the Cross is about It’s witnesses, and Part 3 of the Cross is about It’s wisdom.

Each chapter was to the point which is something I love about Max Lucado’s writing. He gives you just enough to think about and when he has said what he needed to say, he moves on. Some authors that I have read on Spiritual Growth and Christian thought tend to drag on each chapter to the point that I have wanted to skip the rest of it. “I get the message” is something I want to say, but never with Lucado. Each chapter brings me in to the wisdom and insight he has gained through his ministry as a missionary, a pastor, and as an author.

It is hard to pick out one part of this book that stuck out to me. This is one that I intend to read over and over as it takes such a profound look at the Cross and our Lord and Savior. I am in awe of what the Lord has done for me, someone who is undeserving of His Grace, yet, he took that long walk and died the death that was mine. All I can say is “No wonder they call Him the Savior!

I received a copy of this book through Booksneeze. I did not receive compensation for my thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment