Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Another Review! :)

Well, it is 10:00 at night, and tomorrow I plan to wake up at 3:15 to get a run in at the gym and then shower, put on make-up blow dry my hair and be ready by the time my mom picks me up to head to the airport! I should probably get to BED!!! But...I love to read! :)

By: Beth Wiseman, Kathleen Fuller, and Kelly Long

An Amish Wedding, by Beth Wiseman, Kathleen Fuller, and Kelly Long was written into three books, with each author taking a book and putting their personal flair and touches to it. It was a very easy read with a very simple plot line. I would really have liked to see more climax to each of the stories as well as more thought out problems that occur in life. The problems that each of the bride-to-be’s faced was so simple, it was almost funny. I kept thinking to myself, “Man, these authors need to walk in my shoes for a day and they might come up with something more!”

Besides the simplicity of it, it was a good read. The characters were well developed and the writing was nicely done. Also, if you are not familiar with the Old Order Amish ways of life, each author does a good job describing some of the most important details with their readers.

One last thing that I enjoyed was how the books were interwoven. This made for an easy flow from one book to the other as each had a connection to the others. However, that being said, the first books connection was not as prevalent or woven in as the other two.

Overall, it was an enjoyable read.

I received a copy of An Amish Wedding from Booksneeze. I did not receive compensation for my thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment