Monday, September 24, 2012

Live Fully Alive

Fully Alive
By: Ken Davis 
Fully Alive: A Journey That Will Change Your Life, by Ken Davis was not exactly what I had expected. It was written like a “self-help” book and this is not what I was preparing to read. The author, Ken Davis, even said at the beginning of the book, “This is not a self-help book,” which for some it probably wasn’t. I really wanted to skip over the chapters about exercising and eating right in order to be “fully alive”, because I am a fitness instructor and found this part to be dry. However, when I look at it from other perspectives, I can see the benefits of writing chapters like this.

The overall theme of the book, Living Fully Alive is a great one. Ken Davis talked about if you are not living Fully Alive, you are living Fully Dead. This can be an eye opener for anyone, no matter where you are in life.

I read someone else’s review before choosing this book, and they mentioned that this book was funny. I did not see much humor in this book, but to each their own.

As mentioned, this book was not what I was expecting, but the overall message of living your life Fully Alive was a powerful one.

Thank you Booksneeze for the opportunity to read this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment